Just like the parade, the images keep on coming.
The Jump Up Parade — anyone care to venture why it is called that? — is such a joyful and colorful Independence Day celebration, I couldn’t stop taking pictures.
Well, yes, I could.
When the battery on my iPhone5 dies — and it dies so quickly these days — the picture shooting is over for the day and it is time to turn my attention to friends, neighbors and grapefruit with white rum on ice, the healthy alternative to rum & coke.
“You get your antioxidents and Vitamin C,” explained my pal Mike, as we watched the parade from the open window at the Holiday Hotel on Barrier Reef Drive (aka Front Street).
So here is a selection of photos overlooked in the bleary weariness of last night when I posted my first wave of parade pics.
- John East’s “Belize — Building a New Life” blog post: “Freedom”
- Linda Gyomory’s Facebook posting of 29 pictures
- Rebecca Coutant’s San Pedro Scoop post “San Pedro JUMPS UP for Belize’s 33rd Independence Day Parade, Part 1.”
- Rebecca Coutant’s San Pedro Scoop posts”San Pedro JUMPS UP for Belize’s 33rd Independence Day Parade, Part II.”
- Bound for Belize: “A Belize Independence Day parade that marches to the beat of many different drummers”