At around 8 p.m. on Saturday in Central Park, the San Pedro LobsterFest committee pulled the winning ticket for the Grand Prize, consisting of what seems like month’s worth of fun and adventure in Belize.
They read the winning number a few times but nobody stepped forward to claim the spoils.
That’s because my wife, Rose Alcantara, had left the huge block party at 7:45 p.m.
She wasn’t feeling well.
Rose got the call this afternoon. And trust me, she’s feeling better now.
During all of last week, Lobster Crawl participants showed up every day at a different San Pedro venue — like Seaduce and Belize Chocolate Co. — and every evening at a restaurant — like Fido’s and Pineapple’s — to get a “stamp” in their passport.
It worked out well for us because most of the participating spots were already on our way home from morning yoga or evening Pilates classes at Zen Arcade. It was fun. We ran into friends along the way most the time and we saw places that weren’t yet on our radar.
On Thursday practically everyone we know in our Tres Cocos neighborhood showed up at Wayo’s Beachside Beernet on Boca del Rio and it turned into an afternoon-long block party.
Here are some of the prizes listed on the LobsterFest Facebook page:
“Wow!! More prizes have been added to the Grand Prize!”
- Picasso Spirits – gift basket with 6 bottles
- BOAZ golf cart rentals- 24 hour rental
- Amigos Del Mar – Snorkel trip for 2 to the Great Blue Hole
- Blue Water Grill – $100 gift certificate
- Red Ginger Restaurant at the Phoenix Hotel – $100 gift certificate
- Barb’s Belize – $100 gift Certificate at Ambar Jewelry
- Xanadu Island Resort – 2 nights accommodation + 24 hour golf cart rental with Carts Belize
- Serious Adventures – snorkel trip to Hol Chan & Shark Ray Alley for 2
- Chuck and Robbies Scuba Diving & Instruction – 2 tank dive
- Rendezvous Restaurant and Winery- dinner for 2 – worth $250.00
- SeaDuced by Belize – Lamanai Jungle River Adventure for 2
- SeaDuced by Belize – Caye Caulker day sail and snorkel trip for 2
- Tropic Air – 2 round trip tickets to the International Airport/San Pedro
- Ramon’s Village Resort – 4 nights stay for 2
- Banana Beach Resort – 3 nights stay for 2
- Ultimate Golf Cart rentals 24 hour golf cart rental
- Casa Picasso Restaurant – dinner for 2 including a house bottle of wine
- Fido’s Courtyard and Pier – Lunch for 2
- Belize Chocolate Company – gift basket
- Sew What – custom made hand bag
- SeaShells Spa pedicure
How crazy good is all that?
Plus, I don’t think I’ll have to wonder about what I’ll be writing about on this blog!
And — wait! — maybe now our kids will start planning their first trips to Belize …. Are you reading this Jon and Quinn, Caira, Brendan and Cami, Ryan, Chris and Katie??????
Related LobsterFest blog posts:
- San Pedro LobsterFest 2014: Take it one lobster at a time
- Time to put the ‘fest’ in LobsterFest!
- In Belize, the crustacean sensation is sweeping the nation
- Belizean gratitude: Great googly lobsta!